Looking for Best Practices to Enhance StarRocks Query Performance

Hello Everyone :hugs:,

After using StarRocks over a few months, I’m impressed with both its functionality and performance. But like any strong tool, I’d like to be sure I’m using it to its greatest advantage.

In order to obtain knowledge and best practices for enhancing StarRocks query performance, I’m looking out to the community.

I’m specifically seeking guidance on the following areas:

Schema Design: How should schemas be designed in StarRocks to guarantee effective querying? :thinking: Are there any specific factors or trends that I must become aware of in order to steer clear of typical pitfalls? :thinking:

Indexing Strategies: In StarRocks, how do you go about indexing? :thinking: Are there particular index kinds that work best for particular kinds of queries? :thinking: I would be grateful for any advice on how to keep indexes up to date and optimised over time.

Partitioning: I am aware that query performance can be greatly impacted by partitioning. Would you mind sharing your StarRocks partitioning strategy experiences? :thinking: What aspects do you take into account when choosing how to divide up your data? :thinking:

Query Optimisation Techniques: Have you seen any differences in your query performance with regard to any particular query optimisation techniques or configurations? :thinking: Have you discovered any specific parameters or query edits that work particularly well? :thinking:

Resource Management: How does one control resources like memory and CPU to make sure queries execute quickly and don’t slow down the system as a whole? :thinking: Do you use any metrics or tools from StarRocks to keep an eye on and adjust performance? :thinking:

Real-World Examples: If you could share any case studies or real-world examples where you’ve successfully improved StarRocks query performance, that would be greatly appreciated. It would be very beneficial to understand how these best practices are used through practical examples.

I also followed this :point_right: https://www.starrocks.io/blog/starrocks-best-practices-data-modeling-mlops

I would be grateful for any information, advice, or links you could share. I appreciate your aid in advance and the supportive community you have created. I’m excited to use StarRocks more effectively and gain knowledge from your experiences.

Thank you :pray: in advance.

2 Likes